First of all, I have to confess that I love this business...



My first job was at age 15, peeling potatoes and washing dishes in a family run brasserie, Belgian Ardennes.
Despite this ominous introduction to the industry, I caught the "restaurant bug" and went on to get my culinary arts diploma, from Tournai Hotel School, Belgium.


I have been in and around the business for almost as long as I can remember, running members clubs, resorts, institutional operations and major unique events.


At one time or another, I have made a living doing every job in a restaurant.


I have also been providing ideas and advice on trends to food and beverage operations, all around South East Asia, for the last twenty years.


I have learned a lot in my career -some by doing things right, some by doing things wrong and some by watching and working "shoulder-to-shoulder" with the more innovative and influential operators in the industry.

It seems that the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know...
Still, I have managed to gain a fair understanding of what makes restaurants work and gained an ability to pass that understanding along to others.

Now I hardly consider myself an "expert" in the industry. When I was in my mid-twenties, freshly graduated from Lausanne Hotel School, I thought so ; but now I cringe when people use that title. I am, however, an incurable student of the business as well as an insatiable guest.


Because I have a creative orientation, I seem to be able to come up with new restaurant ideas that work. Because, during my numerous travels, either business or leisure, I actively look for better ways to do things, I have some methods and developed some cultural attitudes that enable me to eliminate most of the problems that typically drive operators crazy!


Most of the following materiel, you will find inside this blog, deals with the issues involved in developing and/or maintaining a successful Restaurant Concept. 


Of necessity it is a bit generic, but it should give you a better idea of who I am, what I have done and more important, what I can do for you!


You will also get an idea of my outlook on the industry...



And if my philosophy seems compatible with yours, we can discuss how we might work together ; but more about that later...


michelpiton@gmail.com



This blog does not take any comment... but I will reply to all of your emails!